We are back in the swing of things and hope 2018 has started well for you. The blue room will be focused on Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. the 17th and the 19th is SHARE DAY! Our focus the rest of the month will be our senses.
- No school Monday, January 15, in honor of Martin Luther King Jr.
- Book orders are due Wednesday, January 17th.
- SHARE DAY is Friday, January 19th. If you have your child practice talking about the item he/she will be sharing it is very helpful to build confidence and reduce anxiety at school.
- Registration materials for summer and fall are now available on the Kinderfarm website. Current children can begin enrolling now, open enrollment begins February 1st. Please download the forms, complete, and return them with necessary deposits.
January 17th and 19th
Wednesday: The blue room will read a story about Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. and then everyone will think of way to be kind or helpful. We will make a kindness display in the blue room.
Friday: SHARE DAY!
Monday: Casey from the Iowa City library will be sharing books with us this morning.
Wednesday: Overview of our five senses. We will read “My Five Senses,” to help introduce this topic. The blue room will talk about and experiment with different textures – touch – will be the focus for today. Everyone will get to choose a shape to cut out on sand paper.
Friday: Hearing… winter is especially quiet when there is snow on the ground. If it isn’t too cold, we will go outside to listen to the “quiet,” after reading “The Quiet Book.”
January 29-February 2
Monday: Taste… sour, sweet, bland we’ll have a yummy treat to go along with our tasting day. Color-coding a picture will help understand the different areas of the tongue.
Wednesday: Does your child have “smelly” markers at home? The blue roomers will use their noses to try to guess what the different markers smell like. We will practice our color recognition while doing this!
Friday: Sight fits well with today, “Groundhog Day.” We will have some fun experimenting with light and shadows!
Have a fun January,
Two more weeks until winter break. Fun activities will fill our days, including a visit from a Kinderfarm parent to teach us about St. Lucia Day and the sharing of some traditions. Rudolph, Gingerbread, and Jingle Bells will fill the rest of our time together before break. Then, we will get to talking about winter after break.
- Kinderfarm will be closed December 25-January 6
- Please double check for appropriate clothing, snow pants are a MUST for extra warmth.
- January tuition will be due December 25th, so please make arrangements to bring the week before Christmas or send your payment in the mail. Payments made after January 1 will be subject to a $10 late fee.
- Share days after break will be January 19th and 25th.
- Kinderfarm will be closed January 15th in honor of Martin Luther King.
- Book orders will be due January 17th.
Monday and Wednesday: A Kinderfarm parent will be teaching us about St. Lucia and some of the traditions that they celebrate.
Friday: Rudolph will be on our minds today. Check your child’s backpack and ask him/her to show you what he/she made.
Monday: “The Gingerbread Man,” will get us started before playing a game (hopefully outside) to act out the story.
Wednesday: Playing “Jingle Bells” with actual bells and baking some bell-shaped cookies will fill our morning!
Friday: Presents are on our minds… the blue roomers will practice ripping paper and I will read “We’re Going on a Santa Hunt.”
Monday: Welcome back and Happy New Year!
Wednesday: It is officially winter… lets play throw the snowballs in the pail (we’ll see if they will be real or pretend).
Friday: “Snowmen at Night” is a neat book that will tie in nicely to our activity today. See if your child can tell you what he/she painted with.