The Green Room
April 24-28 and May 1-5, 2016
Hello and welcome to the Green Room! Spring is definitely in the air at Kinderfarm! Our some of our spring vegetables have been planted, violets and dandelions are perfect for picking and lastly, we’re hoping for more bottle babies to love!
Be sure to check the Kinderfarm website each week. In addition to the classroom newsletters which outline the happenings in the classroom, the notes and reminders section keeps parents informed of important information. If you have any questions please do not hesitate to give us a call at (319)351-3438.
- Summer and fall registration is still being accepted. All forms can be found on the website.
- Just an FYI: We have many end of year activities that we like to engage in when the weather is sunny and warm. If the weather is nice, we most likely will be outside!
- We’ve been lucky enough to have some sunny days during the month of April. Please apply sunscreen prior to coming to school, and we will re-apply after your child has eaten lunch.
- Our last day of class is Thursday, May 25th. Graduation will be at 6pm on that date. Information will be sent home the week of May 1st. Graduation is for children entering kindergarten in the fall.
- T shirt orders will be going out April 24 & 25. They will be due back on May 5.
April 24-28: Week of the Young Child
Music Mon (4/24): Through music, children develop math, language and literacy skills. We’ll have 2 different guest musicians today!
Tasty Tues (4/25): Cooking together connects math with literacy skills, science and nutrition. We’ll be cooking up a crazy snack!
Work Together Wed (4/26): When children build together they explore math and science concepts and develop their social and early literacy skills. We’ll supply the materials, Kinderfarmers will supply the creativity. Ask your child what they built today.
Artsy Thurs (4/27): Children develop creativity, social skills and fine motor skills with open-ended art projects where they can make choices. Ask your child what they experienced today!
Family Fri (4/28): Engaging and celebrating families is at the heart of supporting our youngest learners. We applaud our families as their child’s first and most important teacher! How does your child view your family, you’ll find out today!
Our chores this week are: cats, horse water and recycling.
May 1-5: May Day and Gardening
Mon (5/1): We’ll be making and giving May Day surprises for friends in the red room today!
Tues (5/2): We’ll be looking at the parts of the plant and working together to sequence the life span of a plant before heading out to the garden.
Wed (5/3) and Thurs (5/4): We’ll have some prewriting practice pages to do before we head out to the garden.
Fri(5/5): Counting and recognizing numbers to twenty will be tested today, as Kinderfarmers count tulips and then need to figure out the correct response when given 3 numbers to choose from. Can they do it? They’ve been working hard all year during calendar to count and recognize numbers.
Our chores this week are: hens and goats,
Is it really almost May? Where did our year go? I have seen so much growth in all my students and proud of each and every one of them!
Mrs. Sheri Waldron
Category: Green Room